Hello and welcome to The Accent Bank by Sarah Valentine. My name is Tena and I am from Augusta, Georgia in the south and I have a Southern American accent. I would say it’s coastal Carolina because it’s fast and kind of nasally.
(Next follows 5 words or phrases that are unique to this area or region, followed by the script below.)
Now I am going to read the following sentences, starting with a tongue- twister.
- Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers; A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
- She sells seashells on the seashore
- I have parked my car near the garage, if you are looking for it, it’s a blue Nissan.
- The sun is so hot today, I love summer. I like to go walking on the beach but I also love it when it rains and I’m inside and I can hear it on the roof.
- Would you like a glass of water?
- For breakfast I would love a coffee and could I please have some eggs,
two pieces of toast, and some mushrooms?
- I love to eat bananas.
- I don’t think that it’s a good idea to be rude to people. Kindness is free.
- My favourite animal is a cat but I like dogs too.
- I would love to travel to a few of these cities; London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Berlin, Amsterdam, Athens, Lagos, Barcelona, Rome, Dubai, Vancouver, Moscow, Singapore, Sydney, and Dublin.
- Be kind to one another.
- Lastly, if you want to learn accents remember to go to
Now I’m going to count from 1 to 20 and do the alphabet.
One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen,
fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty
Letters & Words:
A is for Apple
B is for Banana
C is for Charlie
D is for Dog
E is for Egg
F is for Frog
G is for Gold
H is for Hello
I is for Ice-cream
J is for Joy
K is for King
L is for Lemon
M is for Mother
N is for Nut
O is for Orange
P is for Pepper
Q is for Queen
R is for Rose
S is for Sarah
T is for Tomorrow
U is for Umbrella
V is for Valentine
W is for Water
X is for X-ray
Y is for Yellow
Z is for Zebra
Augusta, Georgia, North America
August, Georgia, USA